Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Husband by Dean Koontz


Getting a new book has always been a treat for me. The past few years I have really gotten into reading the works of Dean Koontz. I think the first Dean Koontz novels I ever read were Seize the Night and Fear Nothing. While both are a little...out there, they were also scary, but with a touch of humor thrown in. Dean Koontz is known for his style of writing, in which horror and shocking violence are interspersed with humor and love...the knowledge that life goes on for those willing to believe that people are, at heart, good. Of all the Dean Koontz novels I've read, my favorites have been Life Expectancy, The Taking, and Watchers. Having said that, I should also say that The Husband starts with an awesome premise: a humble gardener receives a call at work: "We have your wife. You can get her back for two million cash." Unfortunately, the book peaks with the opening. After that, the plot and characters are predictable and the signature suspense of a Dean Koontz novel are missing. As I said, getting a new book is usually a HUGE treat, but this was a disappointment overall.


On a scale of 1 to 5, I give this book a 2.

1 comment:

  1. At first I thought this was going to be a post about Adam.....I was wrong though.

    ReplyDelete