Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Scream, You Scream...


So, for Christmas this year, I really wanted an ice cream maker. I have watched so many cooking shows that discuss the wonder of making your own ice creams, sorbets, and frozen yogurt. But of all the cooking gadgets I received (thanks, Mom and Daddy!), an ice cream maker wasn't one of them. I do, however, have some Christmas money left over (thank you, Auntie!), and am planning to purchase an ice cream maker of my very own. First up, coffee ice cream with chocolate-covered expresso beans mixed in (*YUM*). The model I'm considering is a small Cuisinart, nothing super-powerful, but quite appropriate to my needs. I can't wait!! Cooking in the summer has always been a sticky proposition...literally: it gets so hot in my kitchen during June, July, and August! Thus, I figured I should learn how to cook with cold foods. What better way to keep cool than to cook (and, of course, consume) ice cream. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. We (as in mom and dad) have the cuisinart version and it is great. It is so easy to use. Freeze the bowl, mix the ingredient together, and let it ride. So easy! Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice Cream Maker Update:
    Went to the mall with Mom yesterday to return the immersion blender (I have at least three other gadgets that do the same thing) from Christmas and get the ice cream maker. Today: Looking up recipes. Next weekend: Stocking my freezer with all kinds of frozen goodies. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete